Now that you need digging, bulldozing, compacting, material handling or any other equipment for the task at hand, you may be asking how and where to rent equipment in Alabama.
In this article, we made it easier for you, the renter, the process of renting the right equipment for the job. We also mentioned below, on where to source out the best equipment so that you won’t have a hard time a finding a rental company nearby.
Likewise, we answered some of your frequently-asked questions you may have in mind; this is especially useful when it is your first time renting. We also tackled how you can save money so that the business balance sheet remains the same.
So if you’re an individual, a business owner and contractor, you may want to read and browse through.
How to Rent Equipment
- Check what exactly the type, capacity, and purpose of the equipment you want to rent and for how long. Know first the type of equipment suitable for the job, its capacity as well. If the task at hand is transporting heavy goods and materials in the warehouse, you may need a counterbalance or reach forklift, you need to know the required load capacity, size, whether you need an electric or diesel-powered. Determining the length of duration you need the equipment can significantly reduce the rental cost. Be clear about your requirement so that the dealer can give you the right recommendation. Knowing these particulars will save you time and money in the long run.
- Prepare the requirements. If you don’t have yet an established billing account with the rental company, the very least you need is to have a valid ID, you can present you driver’s license and you will need a credit card or debit card as well at the time of rental. If you’re renting more expensive and larger heavy machineries for construction work, you may need to present proof of insurance or if you don’t have it, you will sign in an agreement with the company renting out for indemnification, hold harmless, conversion warning agreements to protect them and their equipment property. The requirements vary from company to company, better check with them.
- Look for a reliable equipment rental companies near your location. The list of rental companies is below for you can refer to. Find the one that has the requirement you need. You can visit either their company website, make a phone call or personally visit their office to make an inquiry of the equipment you want. Likewise, choose the rental company that is near your job site so that you won’t be having a hard time transporting and returning the equipment.
Equipment Rental Companies in Alabama
You’ve made the decision, it is better to rent than to buy. You may have an upcoming project or a current one, you contemplated that renting is the most feasible solution. The question you may have in mind is where you can find a company renting out equipment. Here is the list of dealers in Alabama with their contact info so that you can contact them easily:
- Valley Equipment Rental
3551 S. Memorial Parkway, Huntsville, AL 35801
Phone: 256-964-6081; Fax: 256-964-6087; www.valleyequipmentrents.com
Aerial and material handlings, earthwork, landscaping equipment are available
- United Rentals
2901 Wetumpka Hwy, Montgomery, Al 36110-2744
Phone: 334-277-3330; Fax: 334-279-0132; Manager: STEVE DAVIS
Customer service hotline: 1-800.515.4934
Boom lifts, skid steers, track loaders, scissor lifts, reach forklifts,
- Cowin Equipment Company, Inc.
2238 Pinson Valley Parkway, Birmingham, Alabama
haulers, excavators, wheel loaders, mini excavators, track loaders, boom trucks, backhoes, dozers, graders, asphalt rollers and soil compaction, pavers, forklifts
- Thompson Tractor - The Cat Rental Store
2070 Corporate Woods Dr, Alabaster, Phone 1 205 664-9489
3317 Messer Airport Hwy, Birmingham, Phone 205-326-0334
118 Vulcan Way, Dothan, Phone 1 334 671-1767
3600 Governors Dr, Huntsville, Phone 1 256 532-3001
1950 E I65 Service Rd N, Mobile, Phone 1 251 452-1180
2011 Northern Blvd, Montgomery, Phone More Info
508 Columbus Pkwy, Opelika, Phone 1 334 321-2030
3550 Joe Mallisham Pkwy, Tuscaloosa, Phone 1 205 247-2816
2258 Pinson Valley Parkway, Birmingham, Phone
Trucks, material handling, compaction, earthmoving, forest and landscaping equipment
- Pike Equipment Rental
1000 Henderson Hwy, Troy, AL 36081
Bulldozers, backhoes, reach forklifts, scissor lifts and boom lifts, Mini-excavators, trenchers, air compressors, Plate and jumping jack tamps
- River City Equipment Rental & Sales
Decatur: 649 Finley Island Road, Decatur, AL 35601 Phone: 256-301-0575
Muscle Shoals: 627 Fairgrounds Rd., Muscle Shoals, AL Phone: 256-978-2224
Forklift, boom lift, trucks, loaders, trenchers, excavators, dozers, trailers, hoists
- Legacy Equipment Rentals
1055 35th Street, Tuscaloosa, AL 35401 US
Scissor lift, forklift, skid steer, trailers, mini excavator, trencher, and attachments are also available
- Southeastern Equipment Rentals
600 Gault Ave. N, Ft. Payne, AL
802 W Meighan Blvd, Gadsden, AL
1096 W Main St, Centre, AL
8371 Highway 59, Foley, AL
Telephone: 256-254-8001; www.seequipmentrentals.com
Earthmoving equipment, scissor lifts, trailers, lawn and garden, attachments
- AGF Machinery
1760 Reeves St, Dothan, AL 36303
1504 E. Park Ave, Enterprise, AL 36330
30 Henderson Hwy, Troy, Al 36079
570 N Eastern Blvd, Montgomery, AL 36109
Phone: 888-745-4348; website: agfmachinery.com
Construction & Forestry Equipment
- Winfield Equipment Rental
2310 Park West Drive, Northport, AL 35476, Phone: (205) 387-0000
2375 Viking Drive, Jasper, AL 35501; Phone: 205-330-0000
Offers small and large construction equipment for business owners and contractors such as aerial, backhoes, excavators, sweepers, trenchers, forklifts, skid steers and trucks
- Elite Equipment Rental
93 Refreshment Place, Decatur, AL 35601
Phone: 256-351-7500; website: www.elite-rental.com
Backhoes, Dump Trucks, Excavators, Personnel Lifts, Scissor Lifts, Skid steer, Trenchers
- Robin Rents
3605 South Memorial Parkway, Huntsville, AL 35801; (256.883.9312)
5024 Meridian St, Huntsville, AL 35810; (256.489.4994)
29450 Hwy 72 W, Madison, Alabama 35756; (256.562.0249)
2024 Veterans Drive SE, Decatur, AL 35601; (256.686.1174)
Backhoes, excavators, lifts, loaders and attachments, trenchers, etc.
- Herc Rentals Inc.
2150 Pelham Pkwy, Pelham, AL 35124
Material handling, aerial, earthmoving, trucks and trailers,
- Sunbelt Rentals
3000 B Pinson Valley Parkway, Birmingham, AL 35217
Dustin Poe: Phone: (205) 251-2563; Fax: (205) 251-2503; 1-800 No Sweat; www.sunbeltrentals.com/
Aerial and work platforms, compaction, concrete and masonry, earthmoving, forklifts
- O'Dell Equipment Rental
165 Red Eagle Drive, Wetumpka, Al.
514-8951 or 612-8408;www.odellequipmentrental.com
Construction and earthmoving equipment
- Americ Equipment Rental, Inc.
950 Hwy 31 NW, Hartselle, AL 35640
Phone: (256) 773-3051; www.americrentals.com
High reach forklift, lawn and garden, concrete and masonry, earthmoving, compaction, heavy equipment
- AK Equipment Rental And Sales
1720 2nd Ave NW, Cullman, Alabama 35055
phone: 256-734-0038; www.akrentals.equipment
Offers rental of light construction equipment
- Green Mountain Rental
21232 US Highway 431, Guntersville, AL
Tel: (256) 582-9701; Fax: (256) 582-9702; www.greenmtnrental.com
Aerial lifts, earthmoving and compaction, forklifts, masonry, lawn and garden, trailers, trenchers
- Weather Rental Center
3350 US Highway 431, Albertville, AL 35950
Phone: 256-593-6000; www.weathersrentalcenter.com
Compaction, forklifts, earthmoving, lawns and garden, trenchers, aerial lifts, backhoes
- Conn Equipment Rental Company, Inc.
36980 U.S. Highway 280,Sylacauga, Phone: 256-245-4741, Fax: 256-245-7358
2050 Jackson Ferry Road, Montgomery, Phone: 334-834-9567; Fax: 334-834-3358
- Big Rentz
Located in Huntsville, also have other branch locations around the state
(888) 242-4715; www.bigrentz.com
boom lifts, scissor lifts, forklifts, man lifts, earthmoving, compaction, carry deck and other construction equipment
- Sibley Equipment Company
28715 Highway 5, Woodstock, AL 35188
Phone: (205) 708-7039; Phone: (205) 938-2138; Fax: (205) 938-3123; www.sibleyeq.com
Construction equipment such as backhoes, skid steer, bulldozers, mini excavators, scissor lifts, etc.
- H&E Equipment Services
190 Production Ave, Madison, AL
Toll Free: 866-GO-RENTAL, Local: 256-774-2700, www.he-equipment.com
Aerial lifts, boom lifts, sweepers, bulldozers, compactors, rollers, excavators, forklifts, loaders, backhoes, material handling, reach truck, telehandlers, trailers, utility vehicles, wheel loaders
- Taylor Rental
206 S. Tinney St., Talladega, AL 35160
Phone: 256-362-2433; Fax: 256-362-2462; www.trctalladega.com
Construction equipment, excavators, loaders, lawn & garden equipment, lifts,, masonry, moving Equipment
- Alabama Rentals
2005 Old Montgomery Highway, Pelham, AL 35244
Phone (205) 985-9877; Fax (205) 985-7945
Earthmoving, light industry, aerial, and landscaping equipment
- Tiger Equipment Rental
612 Hwy 31 NW, Hartselle, AL 35640
Many types of Skid Steers, mini excavator, trencher, chipper, grinder, tractor with loader, mini backhoe
- Thompson Tractor Company, Inc.
2401 Pinson Highway, Birmingham, AL 35217
Toll Free 1-800-547-0760; CAT Rental 1-800-RENT-CAT; www.thompsontractor.com
Articulated Trucks, Asphalt Pavers, Backhoe Loaders, Compactors, Crushers, Dozers, Excavators, Motor Graders, Off-Highway Trucks, Road Reclaimers, Road Widener, sreening Plants, Track Loaders, Trommels, Wheel Loaders
- South Alabama Kubota
2951 S Alabama Ave, Monroeville, AL 36460
Phone: (251) 575-3146; www.southalabamakubota.com
Backhoe, wheel loader, mini excavator, skid steer, tractor with loader
- Wolfman Rentals & Sales
15151 Hwy. 231/431 North, Hazel Green, AL 35750
Phone: (256) 828-9898; www.wolfmanrentals.com
Excavator, nifty lift, tractor, toro dino, TRX-15, skid steer, trencher, barreto
- Aabco Rents
2612 7th Ave S, Birmingham , Alabama
Phone: (205) 252-9858; www.aabcorents.com
Earthmoving, lawns and garden, lifts, trailers, trenchers, etc.
- Alabama Truck and Equipment Rental Store
4400 Joe Mallisham Pkwy, Tuscaloosa, AL 35401
Phone: (205) 750-4099; www.altruckandequipment.com
flatbed, crawler, construction equipment, trucks and trailers, attachments
- Loader Services
319 Bearden Road Pelham AL 35124
Phone: (205) 320-1000, Text: (205) 907-2945, www.loaderservices.com
- Parrish Tire and Service Center
27121 Us Highway 98, Daphne, AL 36526
Dingos, Augers,Backhoes, Tractors, Stump Grinders, Tillers
- Heavy Machines, Inc.
7651 Theodore Dawes Rd, Theodore, AL 36582
Phone: 251-653-5955 Fax: 251-653-5957
Mining, Forestry, Scrap Material Handling & Heavy Equipment
- Baldwin Tractor and Equipment
22463 State Hwy 59 S. Robertsdale, AL 36567
- Warrior Tractor
6801 McFarland Blvd. West
P.O. Box 412, Northport, AL 35476
Phone: (205) 339-0300; www.warriortractor.com
- RSC Equipment Rental
364 Highway 280, Alex City, AL 35010
Phone: 800-345-7893; www.fastline.com
Construction, harvesting, lawn and garden, skid steer, loader, tractors, trailers, trucks
- Elberta Hardware
25320 US Hwy 98 E, Elberta, AL 36530
Phone: (251) 986-5233; www.elbertahardware.com
light construction equipment, trencher
- Brasfield & Gorrie Equipment And Supply
2748 Mary Taylor Road, Birmingham, AL 35210
Toll-Free: 877.SHOPBG1; Phone: 205.833.3033; Fax: 205.833.3382; www.bgequipmentsupply.com
Aerial, compaction, concrete and masonry, earthmoving, material handling, transportation
- Ditch Witch of Alabama
2200 Corporate Woods Drive, Alabaster, Al 35007, Phone: (866) 705-4908
5685 Larue Steiner Road, Theodore, AL 35582, Phone: (866) 351-0639
Trenchers, mini skid steers, directional drills,
- C & C Rentals
1599 Airport Rd West, Fort Payne, AL 35968
Mowers, Trenchers, Trimmers, and Tillers, Lifts, Mixers, and Tractors, Skid Steers,
1331 McFarland Blvd. NE, Tuscaloosa, AL 35406
Lawns and garden, contractor, heavy machinery
How to Save Money on Renting Equipment
You may have thought already that it makes more sense in renting than purchasing. This saves you a lot of money and avoids big liability. Here are some more ways you can do to save your resources:
- Be clear and precise about the specifications and intended purpose. A common mistake first time renter does it not giving the exact information and specification of the equipment to the rental company. To save you the money, do your homework first, determine where it is to be used for, the capacity and size you need so that the dealer can give the most appropriate one for the job.
- Don’t settle with just one dealer, contact as many dealers you can find near your area. Make inquiries with different rental companies so that you can know what kind of deals you can have from them.
- When negotiating with the rental cost, do it personally. Rental fees are not set in stone; it can be negotiated with just the right approach. When negotiating, do not do it over the phone or via email, pay a visit and do it personally at their office. Doing so, not only you’re getting a sweet deal, you are also breaking the ice so that you can build a good business relationship with the dealer.
- Make sure that you getting the modern and up-to-date equipment. You don’t want to shoulder the cost of preventive maintenance, repairs and parts replacement as part of the contract you signed with the dealer. So make sure, you renting the current technology. Renting is flexible way to have the latest type of equipment required for the job.
- Determine the completion time of the project at hand. This will determine the contract duration you need the equipment in your possession. You don’t want to overestimate the completion of time of the project, this will idle the equipment at the job site. You don’t want to pay the rental cost of the equipment no longer required for the job.
To Say a Final Word
Equipment rental in Alabama can be a daunting task especially for first time renter. The purpose in mind is to save. When you are seeking an equipment to rent for short and long period, you need every competitive advantage you can get when renting equipment. That’s why you don’t settle for just one dealer, find others where you can get the best deal.
We list down the companies and dealers above where you can rent, find the best one that suits your requirement.